Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Strength

I had a random train of thought the other day. It involves love and how its perceived by different kinds of men. I've always lain a swath between the "sensitive" guys and the "Jock" guys. Myself being the former.

Now obviously I will side with my self over the other side, and this is what sparked the train of thought. I felt that it takes a lot more strength to take that chance, leave yourself completely open for the soul crushing agony that awaits on the sidelines of any level of love. From my point of view, it seems like these guys who go out, and are just trying to score the one night stand, are poorly equipped to love, they have no idea what its like, and they just can't expose themselves in that way.

A lot of this admitedly is tied to my concept of what love is, but I feel like a big part of it is exposing yourself completely to someone else, and them loving you for who you are, even the bad parts, even the parts you're not proud of, because its all those parts that make you who you are, and how could they love you without understanding the whole picture.

Now, of course there are extraneous circumstances, I'm sure some of these guys simply have walls up due to a recent relationship, or a woman who fucked with them, or guilt over fucking over another woman, etc etc.

I still stand by my point that the hardest thing to do is yield, yield completely and utterly to someone else, to splay yourself emotionally naked for them to catalogue the pros and cons, and realize that maybe they'll hate you for it, maybe they'll take the opportunity to point out the flaws you hate the most, but I feel that it takes the utmost strength to be able to expose that in the first place.

I realize this post is a little sappy, and meandering, I didn't really give it much though I just kinda "blogged" it out, but hey that' s what this is for.

No comments: