Monday, January 22, 2007

Coasters Shindig

So a close friend of Jen's from Mcgill had his apartment broken into last week, and Jen being the sweetheart of a friend that she is, decided to rally james' friends together to chip in cash to help him get another laptop. We went out to Coasters as it was just opening again, james was very happy and surprised, and quite frankly who wouldn't be.

This specific night Jens dad was in town as well, so after a certain point Jen left and I stayed behind with James and Char. James started getting drunker and drunker, as he normally does. We were sitting next to each other, and was relating the story of Jen being hit on clumsily by a guy at Boccaccino's, which while relatively unpainful (due to his clumsiness and Jens obvious reticence) I still knew that it was the first in a long line of potentially painful ordeals. As I told this to james, at one point he turns to me, swaying slightly, and says,

"You're not fooling me Lon, you still love her, and tell me otherwise and I'll say that you're lying"

I started to protest, because I wanted him to understand exactly what was going on. As I have explained ealier in my blogs I spent a lot of time crushing my love for Jen, and whatever terminology you want to use (the classic Still love her but not IN love with her or whatever), my feelings aren't the same as they used to be. And I made this clear to james.

This whole situation was still a wake up call somewhat, and I have to make sure that I don't slip back into those feelings, since they're like a warm shower early in the morning, it only takes a moments hesitation to stand too long in the warmth, and then be late for the things you have to do to keep your mind off the cozy embrace you leave every morning.

No comments: